Pamplonica S.L.

You are here:

Inicio » en » History

History

Brands

History

  • 1927: Bernardo Villanueva Reta founds Pamplonica.
  • 1980: Pamplonica becomes one of the leading meat companies in the country.
  • 1986: Pamplonica joins the Corporación Alimentaria Ibérica (CAI).
  • 1993: The CAI Group causes the companies that form it to go bankrupt.
  • 1994: The Pamplonica workers, with the Government of Navarra as guarantor, rescue the company from bankruptcy under the name of Cárnicas del Sadar SAL. They then buy the Pamplona factory and facilities, together with the Pamplonica brand, at public auction.
  • 1999: Over these five years, Carnicas del Sadar manages to launch all its product lines and go some way towards repositioning the Pamplonica brand, but is not able, however, to free itself of the initial financial burden. As guarantor, the Government of Navarra presses the company to find solutions to ensure its survival.

    A new general management team is formed this year to try to solve the company’s financial and industrial problems, and talks begin with La Protectora SA and the livestock groups Obanos SA and Pirineos SA, which finally form a new company (Inversiones Carnicas Navarras, SL) that buys all the company’s stock according to a protocol agreed on with the Government of Navarra.

  • 2000: In accordance with the protocol agreed on, the Huarte-Pamplona-based company Industrias Cárnicas Mina merges with Pamplonica and some of its staff join the firm. Mina was founded by Diego Mina in 1864 and is suffering financial hardship.
  • 2001: The brand, goodwill and half the staff of Zaldiko (regional fresh meat products) are taken over from the Orcoyen-based company Artesa.
  • 2002: Inversiones Cárnicas Navarra SL takes control of and merges all the companies that form the enterprise under the name of Pamplonica S.L.
  • 2004: As promoter, La Protectora continues to look for channels and means by which to implement its “Meat Complex” project, where, amongst other things, it hopes to house its slaughterhouse business and investee companies Pamplonica, SL and Carnicas Iruña Velasco SL, in which the livestock group also holds shares.
  • 2008: Pamplonica buys the Cárnicas Pamplona plant in Esquiroz in order to transfer the production of sausage and cooked meat. As is now becoming habitual when taking over companies, some of the company’s staff are also incorporated.

    July of the same year sees the creation of the company Jamones ibéricos Dehesa de Campo Alto in Córdoba for the production and sale of Iberian pork products. Pamplonica SL holds a 50% share in this company and a project for a factory in Espiel (Valle los Pedroches) under the designation of origin for Iberian pork from this valley in the north of Córdoba, which has extensive acorn pastures, gets under way. The other 50% partner is Agroganadera Adell, SL, a livestock farming company from the valley with its own local acorn pastures.

  • 2010: Given that the Meat Complex project fails to make the progress expected, for reasons beyond the control of the promoter and the interested companies, Pamplonica moves to a new facility in Esquiroz de Galar and other new ones near to it in Beriain for the production of tinned meat and ready-made meals, thereby fully vacating the Pamplona plant as planned so that it can be demolished the same year.

· Todos los contenidos de esta página web son propiedad de Pamplonica S.L. · Aviso Legal · Contacto